Take this road drive across Uganda on this 5 Day gorilla safari trip that takes you trekking the African rianforest jungles found in western Uganda, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, hiking the steep slops, through misty shrubs and age old huge trees, crossing water streams and following trails to a family of mountain gorillas. Once found, you’ll be allowed to spend one hour with the habituated mountain gorilla family with strict rules not to to stay 10 meters away and not make contact. You’re required to have your mask on while you engage with the gorillas.
This a road trip from Entebbe (38 kilometers outside the capital Kampala), takes you driving 8-9 hours into the countryside covered with a green blanket, hills and some of the most stunningly beautiful scenery in the world. Bring your “attention to nature” with you because the drive to the gorilla nation might just blow you away.
Since this is a private tour, come explore our world in your own style. Set your dates and we’ll book your accommodation and permits based on availability. Note that you can reschedule your trip up to 12 months ahead without extra charge, in the event that travel is disrupted by pandemic developments. When you make your enquiry, you’ll be dealing directly with a local operator that will give you the best local rates with no agency fees or third parties.
- Day 1: Arrival in Entebbe and transfer to the Guest House — Exc. to Mabamba Swamps (Optional Extra) — staying at Papyrus Guest House
- Day 2: Drive Entebbe to Nkuringo via the Equator and Mbarara — staying at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge — B, L, D
- Day 3: Gorilla Tracking — Nkuringo or Rushaga gorilla groups — Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge — B, L, D
- Day 4: Hike & canoe on Lake Mutanda — Nkuringo Community tour and Buninga Forest (encounter with the Batwa) — staying at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge — B, L, D
- Day 5: Drive to Entebbe — B, L